Poly Shape is unlike the usual ProBuilder shapes in that it is interactive and editable indefinitely. Once a Poly Shape has been created you may continue to edit it's control points and other settings.
Modifying control points or settings will clear any mesh edits.
- In the ProBuilder Toolbar select New Poly Shape.
- In the Scene View click to add control points. These will form the outer bounds of your mesh.
- Once finished placing points, hit
Enter / Returnor
Spaceto finalize the shape.
- Move the mouse up and down to set the mesh height, then
Left Clickto finalize.
After the initial path and height setting, the mesh enters Editing Mode.
Editing a Poly Shape
Even after the initial creation steps a Poly Shape can still be modified.
Select the Edit Poly Shape button in the Unity Inspector. To disable Poly Shape Editing simply click this button again.
- Move existing control points by clicking and dragging.
- Add new points by clicking along the perimeter line.
- Remove existing points by clicking to select, then press
- Set the height by clicking and dragging the handle in the center of the mesh.
- Flip the normals by selecting Flip Normals in the Inspector.