Unity Matchmaker is part of Unity's growing suite of multiplayer services that are designed to help you create and operate multiplayer games no matter what engine you're using.
- Custom data provides your matchmaker with information to make the perfect match
- Multiplay game server hosting integration helps your game to scale and achieve worldwide success
- Flexible backfill connects players to ongoing matches
- Quick time-to-match ensures that players spend less time waiting
With almost limitless customizability, matchmaking is ready to grow and adapt with your game.
Matchmaking is integrated with various Unity services.
- Multiplay Game Server Hosting helps you operate your game at scale
- The Multiplay Session Service supports setting custom rules and data for your game server
- Multiplay Quality of Service (QoS) measures connection quality to your game servers
- Unity Player Identity provides a custom identity token exchange for integrating your player data with matchmaking
Want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the recommended next steps to explore Unity Matchmaker
- Understand the different moving parts of Unity Matchmaker in the First Steps with Matchmaking
- Create the ticket endpoint tokens in the Ticket Authorization Tutorial
- Configure the matchmaking logic in the Matchmaking Logic Tutorial
- Create an end-to-end match in the End-to-End Match Tutorial
- Configure backfill in the Backfill Tutorial
- Check out the inner workings of the Unity Matchmaker in the Unity Matchmaker Deep Dive