This documentation is now deprecated. If you are using Matchmaker Self Serve though UDash, please use the documentation here.
Unity Matchmaker is part of Unity's growing suite of multiplayer services that are designed to help you create and operate multiplayer games no matter what engine you're using.
- Custom data provides your matchmaker with information to make the perfect match
- Multiplay game server hosting integration helps your game to scale and achieve worldwide success
- Flexible backfill connects players to ongoing matches
- Quick time-to-match ensures that players spend less time waiting
With almost limitless customizability, matchmaking is ready to grow and adapt with your game.
Matchmaking is integrated with various Unity services.
- Multiplay Game Server Hosting helps you operate your game at scale
- The Multiplay Session Service supports setting custom rules and data for your game server
- Multiplay Quality of Service (QoS) measures connection quality to your game servers
- Unity Player Identity provides a custom identity token exchange for integrating your player data with matchmaking
Want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the recommended next steps to explore Unity Matchmaker
- Understand the different moving parts of Unity Matchmaker in the First Steps with Matchmaking
- Create the ticket endpoint tokens in the Ticket Authorization Tutorial
- Configure the matchmaking logic in the Matchmaking Logic Tutorial
- Create an end-to-end match in the End-to-End Match Tutorial
- Configure backfill in the Backfill Tutorial
- Check out the inner workings of the Unity Matchmaker in the Unity Matchmaker Deep Dive